The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up

26.4.17



When I was small I was used to have a book near my bed, I was reading many different stories and I was always curious to know many more. Nowadays, it works best with tv shows where I follow the characters and story development each new episodes. (my obsession!)

Don't get me wrong, I still love to read. It's just there is less time and less focus. I sometimes read on the tube, on my way to work. 

One of the books that I still haven't read, but that gave me some impact somehow, it's the "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo.

It's weird for me to talk about a book on my blog, but I think it relates to fashion so much, as far as I am concerned.



Months ago I heard about this book from some youtubers and then when I was watching the Gilmore Girls Marathon I was drawn to research more about this book. It's just a simple formula: while decluttering, if something doesn't spark joy to you, then you have to get rid of it.

I didn't follow this formula for every item in my room, since I don't have a house here in London, but for most of the things I own here. My wardrobe was really full, like you couldn't put your hand in it to find anything and now it looks much better. I have to say, every other month I need to get back to this decluttering way of getting rid of the useless things. (it's very easy to collect things when you don't have the time to stop and realize how many you have)

It just looks so much better afterwards and there is no need of keeping things that we don't need in our life. (maybe they don't even fit us anymore!)

// This coat from Gamiss is just as cute as it seems on the pictures! I love the baby blue color and it's perfectly comfortable for Spring weather! (where are you Spring weather?) I matched it with my faux leather leggings and my striped tee from Gamiss. //


Coat: GAMISS
Shirt: GAMISS

Photos by theweirdycat



 









  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comment

  1. How cool ist your coat?
    I love this soft Color so much, it's perfect for the warm spring and summer days and yet you combined it perfectly.
    Such a lovely look.

    with love your Amely Rose

    ReplyDelete